Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Getting to Know You

About Me

I am a thirty-something woman who currently lives in Ohio.  Born and raised in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, I once received a neat poster about Pennsylvania fun facts from State Treasurer Catherine Baker Knoll after writing her a letter in my social studies class.  Did you know that the official fossil of Pennsylvania is a trilobite?  Now you do!  It's not as cool as Alabama's official state fossil (the zeuglodon, a prehistorical whale), but it's still better than North Dakota's (fossilized wood, lame).

My correspondence with Ms. Knoll was the beginning of many years of harassing my elected officials via letter-writing, emailing, and sometimes turning up at town hall meetings.  The Pennsylvania politicians were most likely not upset to see me leave the state.

(Here's me and Governor Bob Casey, best known for having gubernatorial eyebrows).

I moved to Ohio due to a job promotion, where I now live in a rare, unhaunted Victorian house surrounded by interesting neighbors.  I have a husband that I love, two giant dogs that I love, and two cats that I'm mostly fond of.  I enjoy running (or doing the awkward jog/walk gait that I call running), reading, eating fine cheeses, playing ice hockey, avoiding my weird neighbors, and seeing how long I can get through a workday by using only movie quotes in my dialogue with coworkers.


About This Blog

Well, typically a blog has a theme, but since my life is a meandering one, so shall this blog be meandering.  I like to write, but struggle with writing devices like plot, action, and snappy dialogue, so I'll probably never be a novelist (although the standard for being a novelist anymore is shockingly low, judging by certain books about vampires and certain books about really boring adult situations involving grey ties).  I also have a lot of FEELINGS that I need to get out; I had been attending an art therapy grief support group until the other lady in our group started talking too much about her weird brand of New Age/Christian energy work and soul collage.  Since I can't collage my feelings anymore ("THIS PHOTO OF A MOUNTAIN REPRESENTS MY SECONDARY LOSSES!"), I may as well write about them.  Sometimes.  Also:


No comments:

Post a Comment